Debtors Clerk Job at Belmond – Cape Town, Western Cape
- Allocate payments received to correct guest account and ensure that all receipts are posted.
- To ensure the adherence of Standard Accounting procedures in all the accounting operations.
- Chair the credit review meetings and decide on action taken to recover outstanding debt.
- Ensure compliance with various statutory requirements & manage cash flow.
- Assisting with external and internal audit debtors’ queries.
- Inform & advise the departmental heads (Sales, F&B etc) on the debt positions of various accounts / guests.
- Maintain regular contact with all the corporate accounts and other debtors.
- Processing of deposits received in the bank statement.
- Investigate all credit requests, determine their credit worthiness and assign credit limits.
- Sending out Statements as well as ad hoc invoices on a monthly and daily basis respectively.
- Loading of money due on on-line travel agent websites. (Hotel Beds).
- Ensure that all folios transferred to city ledger have been checked and correctly transferred.
- Review conference and banquet daily to ensure that credit approvals are being sought and deposits being taken according to policy.
- Ensure that debtors aging is maintained at acceptable levels.
- Review of entries processed to accounts on a detailed level.
- Monitor the timely preparation of receivable statements, income and expenditure statements etc. (in conjunction with Credit Manager).
- Maintain an unallocated deposit listing for debtors and ensure that deposits are allocated correctly.
- Reviewing of daily cash entries.
- Assist with month end entries (in conjunction with Assistant Financial Controller).
- Periodic Debtor’s Ledger scrutiny to ensure smooth monthly closing of accounts.
- To take ownership of top 10 accounts on receivables, follow up / review as the case maybe for collections of monies owed as also refunds, cancellations, commissions and statements (in conjunction with Credit Manager).
- Ensure that debtor’s aging is at desirable levels at all times.
- Managing of credit card receipt process.
- Review of Night Audit reports and supervise on controls where necessary.
- Assist with monthly results explanations as well as providing of information.
- Assisting with external and internal audit debtors queries.
- Efficient implementation of all work-related instructions given by the superiors / management.
- Assisting in receipting invoices.
- Compile month end reports.
- Preparing payments for suppliers.
- Processing invoices and liaising with user departments when irregularities arise.
- Accurately process invoices in accounts payable system and ensure that batches are posted.
- Payment of supplier invoices as and when they become payable.
- Sending remittance advices to suppliers after completion of payment run.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly reconciliations of creditors’ accounts statements against accounts payable age analysis.
- Distributing expense account detail to user departments when required.
- Ensure invoices are properly authorised in accordance with levels of authority and allocate it to correct supplier and general ledger account on a daily basis.
- Updating current banking details of creditors and liaising with the Financial Controller in this regard.
- Maintain records, registers and documents in order to facilitate internal and external audit.
- Check refund paperwork and credit card refunds.
- Experience within a hotel environment or similar is preferable
- 2-3 years relevant debtors experience
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Computer literate in MS Excel, MS Word and Gmail
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
We will only process Your Personal Information in accordance with the Belmond Global Privacy Notice for Employees and Others available here and for recruitment purposes.
We will keep Your Personal Information until the job position which you applied for is filled, whereafter we will delete Your Personal Information.
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please do accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Competitive basic salary
Medical aid & pension fund benefit
Internal Belmond discounts
Loyalty and recognition rewards programme
Employee Assistance Programme
On going Learning and Development opportunities
Regular community, social and staff welfare events
About the Company
Company: Belmond –
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape