Process team lead liq/oint compounding Job at Novartis – Puurs
A Process Team Lead oversees the daily operation within the Manufacturing Unit ‘Compounding’, in a way that is consistent with a culture of self-direction (empowerment and accountability), to produce and deliver high quality products to customers in a compliant, efficient, and cost effective manner.
Your responsibilities:Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the Inspired, Curious and Unbossed culture
- Lead, train, develop and coach small-empowered teams that are the base of your organization.
- Drive ownership, teamwork and cooperation with the other departments that support your team organization
- Line responsibility and daily walkthrough
- Organize and supervise sterile compounding operations in order to realize the monthly output as planned by the Logistic Department
- Ensure shop floor resource planning is adequate in correlation with production workload versus planning
- Review production schedule (operational horizon) taking into account risks, constraints and opportunities
- Act as a trouble-shooter: problems regarding sterility and chemical non-compliance can be extremely difficult to analyses and resolve.
- Involved in the strategic investment plan for compounding section & ensures that planned investments are executed
- Cost- and budget management: optimal use of technical and human resources, tight control of general supply expenses, minimizing non-productive time, maximizing production yields, development and implementation of productivity improvement plans, providing accurate information for the preparation of the annual profit and capital expenditure plan
- Ensure the quality of filling and manufacturing processes in compliance with specified Novartis-, Regulatory-, ISO and cGMP standards.
- Build in the required sterility assurance level through correct application of sterilization and aseptic techniques.
- Maintain and stimulate safety and housekeeping awareness of staff through training, motivation and discipline.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or life science industry in a GMP environment, preferably in commercial manufacturing
- Min. 5 years’ experience in a people management role
- Proven experience driving quality and compliance in an organization
- Degree in pharmacy, engineering, chemistry, biology or related (higher degree preferred) or completed vocational training with equivalent job experience
- Qualifications in Lean Management, Operational Excellence certificate or comparable advantageous
- Fluent in English and proficient in Dutch
We offer you a challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment. Investment in people is a priority for Novartis. We offer a range of possibilities for personal development and career opportunities within the group to motivated, qualified people. We offer you a competitive salary and benefit package. Novartis also supports a flexible work-life integration (working remotely, flexi-time schedules, …). Your office will be based in Puurs. Locally, we offer benefits to ensure our associate’s mental and physical well-being. There is a fitness available for our associates to use and we offer a bike-leasing program. We have a mental coach on site as well.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis Technical Operations
NTO LARGE MOLECULES
About the Company
Company: Novartis –
Company Location: Puurs