Purchasing Officer Job at Wifinity – Home Based
Wifinity is on a mission to make Wi-Fi great! We are a multi award winning Gigabit Internet Service Provider, with products and services connecting over 6 million people a year across a wide range of sectors, including Defence. Wifinity is the number 1 provider for recreational WiFi, holiday parks, retail and residential.
At Wifinity were proud of our fantastic products, and amazing growth! But we couldnt do this without our amazing people, who go above and beyond to wow our customers and make WiFi great since being founded in 2007.
Our people are both innovative and fun, creating long lasting customer relationships. They think outside the box to provide customer centric solutions allowing them to achieve the results our customers desire. Wifinity has grown to the company we are today because of those amazing people who live and breathe our values. Each of our customer’s priorities are important to us and we will go above and beyond to help realise them.
If youre the best at what you do and believe in a world with better Wi-Fi, come and join our journey as a new Wifinian!
The role purpose*
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for our companys day-to-day projects and operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
Ultimately, youll create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
Purchasing Officer responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure youre identifying the most profitable offers.
You will support the Project Managers and warehouse operations by ensuring requests of stock for projects are available and ready to be shipped by Warehouse on schedule; ability to plan and manage high quantities of logistics is essential.
Your day to day role will consist of the following responsibilities, you may be required to carry out further responsibilities at the company’s discretion.
Own the materials and hardware ordering process between receipt from internal Project Managers (or similar) onward to a supplier and until goods arrive to the designated location
- Requests, compare and evaluate pricing/quotations from different suppliers
- Identify opportunities to management for cost reduction (e.g. bulk order placements, change of supplier opportunities)
- Identify potential new suppliers that offer cost benefits, availability or delivery improvements and raise to management
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases and systems
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor field vehicle stock levels and place orders as needed; ensure all non-warehouse locations are fully stocked at all times
- Raise purchase orders in line with supplier quotations correctly coded to the right projects
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure readiness for deliveries
- You will deliver all set targets to contribute to a successful business function in line with the strategic objectives.
Customer Driven: *
- Identify and assess customers needs to achieving and exceeding customer satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Handle customer queries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the expected time frame and follow up to ensure resolution
You will be extremely organised with the ability to manage multiple relationships with various suppliers. You are excellent at working with people and always strive to provide a customer driven approach with a strong attention to detail and sound product knowledge.
Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with purchasing telecoms equipment
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
Associated Behaviours & values*
In line with our job accountability and behaviour framework, the jobholder will hold the following behaviour qualities and values:
Within this role we are looking for someone who is Tough Minded. As the role is in a high paced environment, the successful candidate will thrive on activity, enjoy competitive activities and focus on persisting until the job is completed to a high standard.
Job band behaviours*
The nature of this position means you will have to contribute as a specialist in your area. We are looking for someone who can constantly adapt to their surroundings, being customer focused or individually driven to complete tasks. This role requires someone who is ambitious and loves to achieve demanding goals and targets.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Great opportunities to grow!
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Wifinity –
Company Location: Home Based